Pages

Saturday 7 February 2015

Age Of Anxiety - Rodney Cromwell




Well, 2015 is definitely the year of listening to music I wouldn't usually listen to! I've been told about this great electro pop artist Rodney Cromwell and his latest release 'Age Of Anxiety' on the label Happy Robots.

When Rodney describes himself, he modestly says "I make music which mainly appeals to the under-fives market".

I have never really had a chance to get into electro pop myself, I've never really been exposed to it as I've always been a singer with just me and my guitar. I was given the chance to listen to the album before the release date and I can definitely admire the intricate work that has gone into the making of this album. He uses vintage lo-fi synths and old drum machines in his work, and despite the title of the album, it is a really upbeat fun record. Check out the lead single 'Barry Was An Arms Dealer' on Soundcloud. 


The album will be out on March 9th but you can preorder it on iTunes from February 9th!

Check out the other releases from Happy Robots here

Let me know what you think! 

Livvy x

0 comments:

Post a Comment